Here is my fresh and spicy peri-peri chicken recipe. It is perfect for summer, and would be amazing on the BBQ too!
This recipe is packed with colour, lean protein and healthy fats. Keep reading to find out all the details!
of which sugars: 3g
- 4 chicken breasts
- 400g potato and/or sweet potato
- Veg of your choice
- 0.5 tsp olive oil
For the peri-peri sauce:
- 1 large tomato
- 1 green or red pepper
- 2 small red chilli
- 2 garlic clove
- Juice and rind of half a lemon
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1.Cut the chicken into strips and place in a glass bowl. Preheat the oven to 190.
2. Next, put all of the ingredients for the peri-peri sauce in a blender, and mix until fully chopped and combined. Place 3/4 of the sauce over the chicken and leave to marinate for as long a possible.
3. While the chicken is marinating, chop up the potatoes, and season with olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano. Bake for 30-40 minutes (until crispy).
4. When you’re ready to cook, heat up a griddle pan with the olive oil and rotate the chicken until cooked. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the chicken.
5. Next, serve up and enjoy! 🙂 (don’t forget to have your favourite veggies on the side!).
Thank you for reading my peri-peri chicken recipe! Let me know how it goes and don’t forget to subscribe and follow me on Instagram!