Here is my super quick and easy 5 minute salad. This recipe is perfect if you need to make a healthy lunch to take anywhere with you!
My 5 minute salad is high in fibre, protein and good fats which will help keep you full. You can add any source of carbohydrates you fancy to make the meal balanced.
I like to have some oat crackers on the side with hummus.
*this is not included in the macros.
of which sugars: 17g
- Handful iceberg lettuce
- Handful spinach
- 2 celery sticks
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 courgette or cucumber
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- Handful purple cabbage
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 sprays of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp organic honey
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 5 walnuts
- Coriander for garnish
1. First, wash all of your salad ingredients.
2. Next, peel the carrot and get rid of the outer peel. Use the peeler to create carrot and courgette ribbons for your salad and set aside.
3. Chop celery, cherry tomatoes, purple cabbage and coriander for garnish.
4. Combine the spinach, iceberg lettuce, celery, tomatoes, cabbage, carrot and courgette in your bowl or container. Add the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and walnuts, and mix the salad together.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, oregano, garlic powder and honey.
6. Toss the dressing into the salad and garnish with fresh coriander.
7. Next, enjoy! 🙂
Thank you for ready my 5 tasty minute salad, make sure you give this a try and let me know how it goes! Be sure to subscribe and follow me on Instagram!