Here is my delicious slow-cooked beef adobo recipe! This is so easy and convenient to make, it will become a go-to recipe for the winter!
Serve with either rice or noodles.
*You can also make this in a slow-cooker, put in all the ingredients and leave it on low heat for at least 8 hours. Using slow-cookers is also great at saving electricity and money!
Macros: (no sides included)
of which sugars: 7.5g
- 500g cubed beef (organic if possible)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400ml coconut milk
- 75ml rice vinegar
- 125ml soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 star anise
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 large white onion
- 1 small red chilli
- Small bunch coriander
- Black pepper
1.Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the cubed beef, onion, garlic and chilli. Lightly fry until the beef is browned.
2. Next, add the rest of the ingredients with a generous crack of black pepper and bring to the boil.
3. Now reduce to a low heat, cover it with a lid, and allow this to cook for around 2 hours. Stir every 30 minutes if possible.
4. After 2 hours, check the consistency of the sauce. If it is really runny, increase the heat again to reduce it.
5. Once you are happy with the consistency, serve it up with your choice of side (I usually go for rice!). Top with fresh coriander.
6. Next, enjoy! 🙂
Thank you for reading my Slow-Cooked Beef Adobo recipe! Be sure to subscribe and follow me on Instagram!
If you liked this post, be sure to check out my Butternut Squash soup recipe! and my Delicious recipes for curry night!