This week I am sharing my delicious chicken stew recipe! This meal is fantastic for packing in nutrients, and is a lovely warming meal to have in the evening!
I like to serve the chicken stew with roast potatoes, but you can also put potato in the stew, or serve with rice, which ever you like best!
of which sugars: 0g
2 chicken breasts or thighs
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 large white onion
2 garlic cloves
Small red chilli
2 tablespoons of peas
1 pint chicken stock or broth
75ml yogurt (I use soya yogurt)
2 tbsp white wine
1 tbsp wholemeal flour
1 tbsp olive oil butter
Sprig of fresh thyme
1.Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Place the chicken on a tray, season with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and bake in the oven for around 30 minutes.
2. While the chicken is cooking, prep and cut all of the vegetables, and make a pint of chicken stock.
3. When the chicken has around 5 minutes left, heat the olive oil in a large pan and fry off the onion, chill and crushed garlic.
4. Add the rest of the vegetables, seasonings, fresh thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Fry this off for around 2 minutes.
5. Now add the chicken stock and white wine. Place a lid over the pan and leave to simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
6. While the veg is simmering, use two forks to shred the chicken to resemble the picture below. Now put all of the chicken and add the peas into the pan and leave to simmer for a further 15-20 minutes.
7. Next, add the yogurt, flour and butter to thicken the stew. You can leave the stew to simmer again if you wish, but it can also be served up once it is all combined.
8. Next, enjoy!
Thank you for reading my chicken stew recipe! I really hope you give it a go! Make sure you subscribe below and follow me on Instagram!