This week I am sharing an amazing carrot and coriander soup recipe! It is super quick and easy to make, I love to make this for lunch especially during the colder months.
This soup is packed with nutrients, such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc, essential fatty acids to name a few. This soup does not contain much protein so I would pair it with a protein source, such as chicken breast or mixed bean salad. I also love to make fresh garlic bread on the side.
Keep reading for my delicious carrot and coriander soup recipe!
of which sugars: 4g
Handful of spinach
1 large onion
2 large cloves of garlic
Thumb of fresh ginger (5cm)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small bunch of fresh coriander
1.5 pints vegetable stock
2.5 tbsp greek yogurt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp dried oregano
Black pepper/ sea salt
Pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Peel, wash and roughly chop the carrots, celery, onion, garlic, ginger and fry off in some olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add all of the seasonings (cinnamon, turmeric, oregano, black pepper and sea salt), followed by roughly chopped coriander and stock. Add the spinach and allow this to simmer for around 10 minutes.
3. Next, pour the soup into a food blender and blitz until smooth.
4. Once the soup has been blended, pour it back into the large saucepan and place back on a low heat. Next, stir in the yogurt and allow the soup to heat through.
5. Now serve into bowls, and sprinkle with fresh coriander and pumpkin seeds.
6. Next, enjoy!
Thank you for checking out my Carrot and Coriander Soup recipe, make sure you give it a go! Make sure you subscribe and drop me a follow on Instagram!
If you liked this blog, be sure to read my Chicken Stew Recipe! and 5 foods to limit if you’re living with diabetes!