Here is my apple flapjack recipe which is one of my new favourites! I have apple trees in my garden so it’s the time of year to cook them down, and make some delicious autumnal recipes!
Makes approx 16
of which sugars: 3.6g
- 3 medium cooking apples
- 100g golden syrup
- 175g unsalted butter
- 300g rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 lemon
Apple Flapjack Method:
1.Firstly, peel, core and chop the apples into small chunks.
2. Put the apples in a saucepan with around 1tbsp of water and a drizzle of lemon juice. Cook them on a medium heat for around 5 minutes, the apples should start to crush down. Once all of the apples are crushed, remove them from the heat and mash them down into a paste.
3. Next, preheat the oven to 180 and line a 20x20cm tin with baking paper and grease it.
4. In another saucepan, melt the butter and golden syrup together.
5. In mixing bowl, mix the oats and cinnamon together. Next, add the apple and the butter mixture. Fold them until thoroughly combined.
6. Next, push the flapjack mixture down into the tin and bake for 20-25 minutes (until golden and slightly crisp).
7. Once the flapjack has cooled, cut it into chunks (I usually get 16).
8. Next, enjoy! 🙂
Thank you for reading my Autumn Apple Flapjack recipe, make sure you give it a go! Be sure to subscribe and follow me on Instagram!