Here is the full recipe for my Thai chicken meatballs, made with fresh lemon grass and red chilli. The meatballs can be served with noodles, pasta or rice and drizzled with sweet chilli sauce.
This recipe is has great macros which you can see below. Keep reading for the full recipe!
Macros: (chicken meatballs only)
of which sugars: 7g
- 500g chicken breast mince
- 1 small red chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 stalk fresh lemon grass (finely chopped)
- 5 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 30g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander (finely chopped)
- 4 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce
- Black pepper
1.Gently heat the sugar and fish sauce in a saucepan. Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat and stir in the lemon grass and red chilli. Let it cool for around 10 minutes.
2. Next, stir the sauce, spring onions, cornflour, coriander and black pepper into the chicken mince.
3. Lightly cover your hands with flour and shape the mixture into balls. Place them on a plate (it should make around 20 meatballs).
4. Put the meatballs in the fridge for around 30 minutes.
5. Next, gently heat some olive oil in a frying pan . Fry the meatballs for around 15 minutes, turning them so they cook evenly.
6. Once the meatballs are cooked, serve them up with your choice of carb, drizzle with sweet chilli sauce and some extra coriander.
7. Next, enjoy 🙂
Thank you for reading my Thai-style Chicken Meatballs! Give it a go, and be sure to subscribe and follow me on Instagram!