Here is my homemade chicken shish recipe, this dish has been one of my favourites since my childhood! It is delicious and a perfectly balanced meal.
of which sugars: 0.5g
- 2 chicken breasts diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- A handful of fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
Chicken Shish Method:
1. For the marinade, add the olive oil, cumin, paprika, oregano, lemon, parsley and garlic to a blender. Blitz until combined.
2. Next, add the marinade, diced chicken, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Cover and leave it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. Add a drizzle of olive oil to your skillet (or frying pan), turn to a medium heat and start to cook the chicken.
4. Continue to regularly turn the chicken until its cooked through (usually takes around 12-15 minutes). For the last few minutes turn to a high heat to get the chicken crisp.
5. Once it is cooked, serve onto a plate with your choice of sides. I normally have a pitta, some rice, greek salad and tzatziki.
6. Next, enjoy! 🙂
Thank you for reading my Homemade Chicken Shish recipe, let me know how it goes when you give it a try! Be sure to subscribe and follow me on Instagram!