Every Christmas I love to make a Yule Log as a treat, so here is my Praline Yule Log recipe! This is super fun to make with your family and is a great way to start the festive season.
Keep reading for the rest of the recipe and macros!
of which sugars: 43g
For the sponge:
- 3 medium eggs (use large if using gluten free flour)
- 85g golden caster sugar
- 85g plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
For the filling and ganache:
- 200ml whipping cream, or Oatly whippable
- 150g dark chocolate (70%)
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 50g Nutella
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line a 23 x 32cm tin with baking paper.
2. Next, use an electric whisk to beat the eggs and sugar together for around 5 minutes (until fluffy).
3. Fold in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder until completely combined.
4. Spread the cake mixture into the tin and bake for around 10-12 minutes. Once it is cooked, set the cake aside to cool.
5. For the ganache, gently heat the cream in a saucepan until it is warm. Take it off the heat and break the dark chocolate into the cream. Once this is combined add the honey and a pinch of salt.
6. Let the ganache sit for 1 minute, then place it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. Next, use an electric whisk to whip the ganache for around 2 minutes.
7. Lay a piece of baking paper on the counter and dust lightly with icing sugar. Lay out the sponge and spread on a generous layer of Nutella. Next, spread a layer of ganache on top of the Nutella.
8. Starting with the end furthest from you, roll up the cake keeping it as tight as possible.
9. Once rolled, transfer the Yule Log onto your serving plate. Now spread the remaining ganache over the top, use a fork to create a ripple effect.
10. Sprinkle the Yule Log with icing sugar and your chosen Christmas decorations.
11. Next, enjoy! 🙂
Thank you for reading my Praline Yule Log Recipe! Give this festive treat a go and be sure to subscribe and follow me on Instagram!
If you liked this post be sure to check out Homemade mince pie recipe! and How to stay on track this Christmas!