Here are my top 3 must make Christmas canapés! They are absolutely delicious, easy to make and perfect to show off at your Christmas party!
These recipes will make canapés for 3-4 people.
- 1 chicken breasts
- Mini wooden skewers
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- Small bunch coriander
- 1 lime
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 small garlic clove
1.Preheat your oven to 170 degrees. Next, cut the chicken breast into small strips and pierce with small wooden skewers.
2. Next, add all of the peanut sauce ingredients into a blender. Blend until combined.
3. Drizzle 1/4-1/2 of the sauce over the chicken swizzlers, save the rest for a dipping sauce!
4. Next, cook the chicken swizzlers for around 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t over cook and dry out.
5. Finally, dip them in some peanut sauce and enjoy! 🙂
Smoked Salmon Blini
- 1 slice smoked salmon
- Gem lettuce
- 1/2 lemon
- Pinch black pepper
- 60g plain gluten free flour
- 1 medium egg
- 150ml milk
- Butter or oil for cooking
1.Add the flour, egg and milk into a bowl and combine with an electric whisk. If the mixture if too thick you can add some more milk to loosen the mix.
2. Next, melt the butter or oil in the frying pan and cook the blinis. I usually aim for the size of a 5.6cm pastry cutter.
3. Once your blini’s are cooked, top with crunchy iceberg lettuce, a slice of smoked salmon and a crack of black pepper. Just before serving squeeze over fresh lemon juice.
4. Next, enjoy! 🙂
- 1/2 broccoli
- 1 large carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 courgette
- 1 large egg
- 80g plain or brown rice flour
- 180ml chilled sparkling water
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- Soy sauce for serving
1.Cut your veggies into medium sized chunks. Next, fill a saucepan with olive oil for shallow frying (about an inch deep). Turn the hob on to a medium heat, and begin warming the oil.
2. Crack your egg in a large mixing bowl, add the sparkling water and whisk until combined.
3. Next, add the flour, salt, pepper and continue to whisk until combined.
4. Now the batter is ready, dip each piece of veg in it and place it straight into the pan.
5. Repeat until all of the veg is coated and cooked.
6. Next, dip them in some soy sauce and enjoy! 🙂
Thank you for reading my 3 must-make Christmas canapés! Make sure you give these a try, they are all delicious! Be sure to subscribe and follow me on Instagram!
If you liked this post, be sure to check out my homemade mince pies and Christmas Turkey Curry Recipe!
1 thought on “3 must make Christmas canapés!”