Here is my delicious pumpkin soup to make with your carving scraps! This soup is warming, sweet and perfect for the colder months.
I decided to leave this as a chunky soup to add more texture, but feel free to blend it up if that is how you like it. If you do decide to blend it, I recommend adding 2 tbsp yogurt to add more creaminess.
of which sugars: 7.5g
0.5 tbsp olive oil
6-7 tbsp pumpkin flesh
3 cloves garlic
Small bulb fennel
3 sticks celery
3 tbsp peas
1 red pepper
1 large parsnip
2 pints vegetable stock
3 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp turmeric
3 tsp oregano
1 carton passata
Handful chopped coriander
Black pepper to taste
1 tsp pumpkin seeds
2 tsp parmesan
1. Prepare all of the vegetables: peel and chop the carrot, parsnip, leek, red pepper, fennel, celery and pumpkin flesh.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and prepare the stock. Once the oil is hot, fry off the leek and garlic until soft.
3. Next, add in the rest of the veg (apart from the peas), add the seasonings and fry for around 5-10 minutes.
4. Once the veg is soft, add the stock, passata, peas and coriander. Let this simmer for around 10 minutes.
5. If you decide to blend the soup, do that now and stir in the yogurt afterwards.
6. Serve up the soup, and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and parmesan.
7. Next, enjoy! 🙂
Thank you for reading my Halloween pumpkin soup recipe! Be sure to subscribe and follow me on Instagram!
If you liked this post, be sure to check out my Healthy Halloween Rocky Road Recipe! and Banana Loaf Recipe!
1 thought on “Halloween pumpkin soup recipe!”