Here is an absolutely delicious sun-dried tomato and chicken pasta dish that is a perfect, quick dinner or lunch. I use red lentil pasta as a gluten free alternative, it tastes amazing and the macros are great!
The macros and carb content is listed below. There is dish is fairly carb heavy, but it is also high in protein and fibre to slow glucose release.
Macros (Per portion):
of which sugars: 14g
- 125g dry red lentil pasta (gluten free option)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 0.5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato
- 15g pine nuts
- 200g spinach
- 100g broccoli
- 2 carrots
- 1 white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 pint chicken stock
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Firstly, prepare all of the veg and the stock.
2. Next, cut the chicken breasts into cubes and fry in a large cooking pot. Add all seasonings, as well as the onion and garlic.
3. After 5 minutes or so, add all of your veg as well as the chicken stock and white wine.
4. Allow this to simmer for around 10-15 minutes while you cook the pasta.
5. Once your pasta is cooked, drain and throw it in the cooking pot with the sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts. Stir everything together to get the pasta fully coated.
6. Next, serve up, garnish with your herb of choice and enjoy :)
Thank you for checking out my sun-dried tomato and chicken pasta dish! Give it a try and let me know how it goes! Be sure to subscribe and follow me on Instagram!
If you liked this post, be sure to check out my Sausage Casserole Recipe! and Jack Iredale on managing type 1, while playing professional football!
1 thought on “Sun-dried tomato and chicken pasta dish!”