This week I am sharing an amazing, easy Sausage Casserole recipe. All you have to do is roughly fry everything off, and stick it in the oven! I also love this recipe because it is packed with fibre which is essential for digestion, glucose control and keeping the microflora healthy in the gut.
I have put some of my favourite vegetables in the ingredients list, but feel free to use any vegetables of your choice and preference. I also tend to serve this dish with either roast potatoes or brown rice.
So keep reading for the recipe and macros, make sure you give this Sausage Casserole a try!
of which sugars: 5g
(Macros are without potatoes)
x12 chicken sausages
1 pint chicken stock
1 tin tomatoes
75g red lentils
120g kidney beans
120g cannellini beans
1 large white onion
3 cloves garlic
1 large leek
2 large carrots
2 handfuls of Spinach or kale
1/2 bunch fresh coriander
2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp oregano
3 tsp paprika
salt/ black pepper to taste
1.Preheat the oven to 190 degrees
- Firstly brown the sausages in a frying pan and place them at the bottom of the casserole dish (they will finish cooking in the oven).
3. Next, heat the olive oil in a large frying pot and fry off the onion and garlic. Then add all of the vegetables and seasonings into the pan. Fry everything off for around 5 minutes, add in the stock and tinned tomatoes. Let this simmer for around 10 minutes.
4. After leaving the casserole to simmer, stir in the lentils, kidney beans and Cannellini beans. Transfer the casserole into the casserole dish on top of the sausages.
5. Put the lid on your casserole pot and cook for 60 minutes in the oven.
6. After 60 minutes, take the dish out of the oven and stir in the spinach/kale and fresh coriander.
7. Now serve up with your choice of roast potatoes or rice!
8. Next, enjoy! 🙂
Thank you so much for reading my sausage casserole recipe! Let me know when you give it a go and I hope you love this dish as much as I do! Be sure to subscribe below and follow me on Instagram!