Here is my delicious apple and blackberry crumble recipe! I love having desserts, but I try and make healthier options that contribute good nutrients to my diet, as well as keeping me satisfied!
The macros are listed below if you are interested in keeping track of your carb, protein and fat intake. This dessert is fairly high in sugar, so I recommend having this dessert on a day you have been slightly more active to help prevent having high glucose. Make sure to use your carb counting ratio, and go for short walk after if necessary.
of which sugars: 18g
120g blackberries (I used frozen blackberries)
1tsp ground ginger
1tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp coconut oil
75g rolled oats
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp coconut oil
1.Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Prepare the apples by peeling, coring them and cutting into small chunks. In a large saucepan, melt the coconut oil with the honey.
3. Next, add the apples, blackberries, ground ginger and cinnamon, and let the mixture simmer for around 15 minutes (until the apples are soft).
4. Now pour the compote into your crumble dish, and spread it out evenly.
5. Next, in a small bowl mix the rolled oats, walnuts and cinnamon until fully combined. Pour the honey and coconut oil in the middle of the oat mixture and fold until combined.
6. Place the oat mixture on top of the apple mixture and sprinkle with extra walnuts and a drizzle of honey.
7. Bake for 40-50 minutes until the top is crispy.
8. Now, enjoy!
I recommend serving this pudding warm, with some greek yogurt. This is a great alternative to ice cream and adds the nutritional benefits of good fats and probiotics.
Thank you for checking my apple and blackberry crumble recipe out! I really hope you give it a go and find it delicious! If you have any other recommendations of healthy ingredients to pair the crumble with let me know! Be sure to subscribe for more content and follow me on Instagram!