This week I am sharing my delicious Banana Brownie recipe! This dessert is healthier than most and is a perfect alternative for when you fancy something sweet!
As you can see in the macros below, this recipe has a fairly low caloric content, and the carb content is listed for your insulin ratio. The banana brownie has 9g of sugar which is slightly higher than some of my other recipes, so I recommend adding some organic peanut butter to slow digestion down. Also add some berries to make it fresh and to add antioxidants and vitamins.
So keep reading for my delicious Banana Brownie recipe and give it a go!
of which sugars: 9g
200g pitted dates
80ml boiling water
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 large ripe banana
75g wholemeal flour
75g raw cacao powder
130g vegan butter
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
1.Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (gas 4) and line a square baking tin with baking paper.
2. Roughly chop up the dates and place them into a glass bowl with the baking powder.
3. Pour the boiling water over and leave the dates to soften for 20 minutes. The baking powder helps to get the dates as soft as possible!
4. Next, place the soaked dates and banana into a food blender, and blend into a paste.
5. Now add the rest of the ingredients into the blender, and blend until the ingredients are combined. If you don’t have a big enough blender for all of the ingredients, combine the rest of the ingredients to the blended banana and dates in a mixing bowl.
6. Pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. Once the brownie has cooled, cut into squares.
8. Now, enjoy!
Thank you for reading my delicious banana brownie recipe! Let me know if you give it a go and I hope you think it tastes as delicious as I do! Make sure you subscribe and drop me a follow on Instagram!