I thought this week it would be appropriate to do my first recipe for Halloween! This Rocky Road recipe is super yummy and lower in sugar, so it’s a bit healthier (don’t get me wrong, it’s still a treat!).
This recipe is designed to be lower in carbs for people living with diabetes. Using dark chocolate helps to lower sugar and using nuts adds good fats and protein to slow down digestion and prevent too much of a glucose spike!
All ingredients and macros will be listed so you can bake a yummy treat and carb count it!
Time: 15 minutes cooking, 2 hours to set
Nutritional content per piece:
(of which sugars): 6g
- 200g Rich Tea biscuits
- 200g Lindt dark orange chocolate
- 135g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g mixed nuts
- 100g marshmallows
- 1 Orange
- Handful of Pumpkin seeds
1.Grease a square tin and line with baking paper.
2. Place the dark chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a bowl and melt, either in the microwave or in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
3. While the chocolate is melting, weigh the rest of the ingredients. Place the Rich Tea biscuits in a sandwich bag and break into small pieces with a rolling pin.
4. Once the chocolate mix has melted, stir in all other ingredients (Nuts, marshmallows and biscuits). Make sure everything has a coating of chocolate over it so it sticks together nicely!
5. Spoon the Rocky Road mix into the square tin, spread evenly and place in the fridge to set for around 2 hours.
6. While your Rocky Road is setting in the fridge, turn your oven on to 140 degrees and prepare a baking tray with baking paper. Slice the orange into thin slices and then into semicircles.
7. Place all orange slices on the baking tray and bake in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour to create a glass effect look perfect for Halloween decoration!
8. Once everything is cool, slice the Rocky road into 12 pieces (or as many as you would like). Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, icing sugar and place a candied orange on each piece.
9. Now it’s time to enjoy your Halloween treat! 🙂
I really hope you loved this recipe and give it a go! Make sure you take pictures and share them with me!
1 thought on “Healthy Halloween Rocky Road Recipe!”